Friday, December 27, 2013

IS ARIK AIR THE BEST WE HAVE?

It is the holiday season and there is excitement in the air. I make plans to travel with my family and all looks well. The D-day finally is here and we get to the airport eager to do our local tour within Nigeria and boom the first disaponitment starts when the so called number one airline in Nigeria tells us our 11am flight has been rescheduled to 12noon.

While waiting at the airport, another message comes over the public address system that the rescheduled 12noon flight has been rescheduled again for 1pm and then again for 2pm. Finally, we boarded the plane by 2.30pm and arrived in Lagos an hour later.


Still trying to talk myself into being excited about my local vacation and waiting for my luggage, I am being told by Arik air staff that my luggage didn't come with me to Lagos, by now you can guess what is happening to my blood......it's boiling of course.

Two hours at Murtal Muhammed Airport, Lagos and still my luggage can't be found at Abuja airport after several calls by the staff. And suddenly, a thought flashes my mind.......OMG!!!

'My luggage is in Ilorin or perhaps Yola,' I told the ground handler from Arik.

This I believed was the case as these destination flight passengers boarded their plane the same time we did ours.

He was gracious to call Ilorin and Yola and boom my luggage was in Yola.

'How did this happen?' I asked over and over.

To me it's the highest rate of irresponsibility by people that are supposed to make my journey enjoyable.

As it turned out, I wasn't the only passenger being affected by a missing luggage. 5 of us from that particular flight had to wait for our luggage and this is the second day and I am yet to get my luggage as at the time of writing this.

Happy holidays and may your journeys be good this season.


1 comment:

  1. When will things work well in Nigeria? It is really sad that people in Nigeria have come to accept the inefficiency in all sectors. Service providers should be held accountable and made to pay dearly for their irresponsibilities. Which way Nigeria?

    ReplyDelete